Monday, July 9, 2012

A Trip to the Met!

To continue my new summer Met tradition, I recently checked out the Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations exhibit. While I admit, I was more familiar with Prada's work, it was definitely interesting to see the way the both designers' creations merged together. The designers' collections worked perfectly together with the beautiful outfit collaborations consisting of Schiaparelli tops and Prada bottoms. Even though they collided well, Prada and Schiaparelli were strikingly different from one another. Their quotes really shined light on how the two women from two different eras had contrasting beliefs on the art of fashion. It was incredible to see the women's designs reflect similar messages, despite having drastically opposing beliefs. Some of my favorite sections included "Classical Body", "Exotic Body", and "Surreal Body". And of course, who could forget about those shoes? Absolutely timeless!

In true Met fashion, pictures weren't allowed (and I was not going to risk damaging the collections with a few camera flashes) so here's only a little sneak peak over what the exhibit had to offer...

Classical Body

Exotic Body

Surreal Body




"I’d also hope that my clothes made their lives a little easier, that they made them feel happier. Not more beautiful necessarily, just more of a person. I try to make women feel more powerful without losing their femininity."
-Miuccia Prada

No comments:

Post a Comment