Thursday, July 19, 2012

The British Are Coming!

The British invasion is everywhere. Due to the catchy music that's making it big in America,  their hilarious talk shows (yes, I've stooped that low), and the funky fashion trends-- I'm truly headed for an identity crisis. I didn't realize how strong the Brits were influencing me until I found myself complaining in the NYC Topshop how the London store was clearly superior. While I still stand by this point, it was a little ridiculous to say considering I've never been to the London store. I can admit I've taken my London respect a little too far but I still wanted to share some England fashion that I'm loving! It's not a new groundbreaking fact that Europe is more fashionable, but who knew they were responsible for more than just the fashion icon that is Victoria Beckham?!

Topshop


First thing is first! I've been aware of Topshop for a while but the actual worship only kicked in recently. The store has a vibrant vibe where you really can create any look you want depending on which pieces you put together. That's what's so great about Topshop, it's full of potential fashion risks and creativity. Because of it's loud prints and styles, the shop may not be for everybody but I personally love it for that reason. These type of clothes allow the everyday girl to experiment for affordable prices. Only warning with Topshop, the clothing runs pretty small and a lot of the tops are midriff baring. If you really love the top but are unsure about the style, throw a solid tank top underneath a peplum top. Otherwise, be careful with the sizes. 

Cheryl Cole

 
I guess she's kind of the Britney Spears for the Brits?! Cheryl completely owns the flashy pop-star appearance that fans love to see. Let's be honest, nothing catches the media's attention more than a charismatic beautiful star. With her different hairstyles, energy lifting choreography, and colorful music videos, Cheryl Cole is the ultimate muse in England.

Cher Lloyd


Despite her comparisons to Cheryl Cole, Cher's style differs a lot. For one, the nineteen year old singer is much more rough around the edges. While she's had her fair share of fashion no-no's, Cher and her fashion have matured quite well. Cher brings a bit of rocker chic with her crop tops and fancy fedoras. 

"British fashion is self confident and fearless. It refuses to bow to commerce, thus generating a constant flow of new ideas whilst drawing in British heritage."
-Alexander McQueen

No comments:

Post a Comment