Thursday, June 2, 2011

Steve Madden, The Ultimate Soulmate

Steve Madden is one of my favorite designers. I began my relationship with Mr. Madden last year when my mom took me out for some retail therapy. However, my mom is extremely cheap so she treated me to a shopping trip at Nordstrom Rack. I went into that store expecting to be disappointed. Instead, I fell in love. With my mom's help, I found a black Steve Madden purse with purple ruffles. Affair to remember indeed. I couldn't wait to show the bag off at school and bring it with me on my vacation to LA. The bag lifted my moods. I was excited to strut down Rodeo with the purse, eat at BOA with the purse, date Zac Efron with the purse. Okay, so the last part didn't happen. But, Steve Madden has still made a pretty big impact in my life.

Last fall, I purchased another Steve Madden purse. My mom assisted me once again as we ventured into Off Broadway Shoes this time. While browsing through the bag section, we came across a large, grey bag. I looked inside and was surprised to see Steve's name. After my mom bitterly agreed that she would use the bag after me, I purchased my second Madden design. Shortly after, my sister introduced me to Steve Madden boots.

This past spring, my mom and I took a "mommy and me" trip to New York City. While walking around SoHo, we spotted a Steve Madden store. We gleefully ran into the store. By this time, we were very familiar and in love with Steve. My mom directed me towards the purses and that's when I spotted it. My current purse practically glowed in the lighting. It's beige color and soft ribbon had just the look I was searching for. Timeless. That's the only way to describe my latest purse.

My obsession may seem materialistic, but it's actually very logical. Mr. Madden is one of the more affordable designers out there. Sure, starlets can be spotted wearing his shoes on the red carpet or in candids. Steve Madden is a top designer, but has pretty reasonable prices. It's cheesy but Steve helped during a very low point. The least I can do is dedicate a post explaining why he's so amazing...and timeless.
“I like my money where I can see it, hanging in my closet.”
-Sex and the City




No comments:

Post a Comment