Monday, November 28, 2011

Fashion Icon: Diane Kruger

In honor of my 50th post, I decided to shed the spotlight on one of my all time favorite style inspirations. Whether she's gracing the red carpet or taking a stroll with her longterm partner Joshua Jackson(swoon!), Diane Kruger always looks effortlessly incredible. She has great taste in clothing and is a true trendsetter. Here are some of my favorite Diane fashion moments! (Sidenote: If anyone really does make a movie about Grace Kelly, Diane better be casted)

Yes Michelle Williams' 2007 Oscar dress was phenomenal but I'm definitely a bigger fan of Diane's dress from the 2010 SAG Awards. Both mustard colors were beautiful changes from the usual red carpet dresses, but the shape of this Jason Wu gown was perfection. The ruby jewels and bright lipstick only added even more elegance to this appearance!

THIS is how you rock a mini and keep it classy. Take notes ladies! The detailing of the pattern on the shoulders is to die for. Mixing black and red is already a bold statement, but adding that pattern and the belt is what makes this dress so fashionable. 

When she's not taking risks with extravagant dresses, Diane also rocks the casual and cute looks. I love how she took such a simple group of clothing items and added adorable feminine qualities. The blue, black, and cream colors all go together perfectly without the outfit looking "too matchy matchy". 

The Dolce and Gabbana number was a popular red carpet look this year but I think Diane had the best interpretation of how to wear it. The detailing of the dress is already captivating enough, without needing  to add jewelry(says the girl who never leaves the house without a necklace, bracelet, and earrings). The emphasis on throwing her hair back just shows the importance of less is more. Diane really let the dress do all of the work, without over-styling the look. 

I guess if you're going to be best friends with Karl Lagerfeld, it's expected to strut around in Chanel white skirts like they're just your casual Sunday wear. But for your boyfriend to dress like his life is a GQ photo shoot...talk about match made in heaven. If I didn't love these two, I would forever hate them for their classy and trendy appearances. 

"I truly genuinely like clothes. Making them is an art form, and wearing them is a form of self-expression. I find it very emotional because I can remember moments in my life - my mood, how I felt - through these clothes."
-Diane Kruger  

No comments:

Post a Comment