Monday, July 11, 2011

Lights, Camera, Advertising!

The other week I came across the combination of my two favorite things--fashion and musicals. I was in NYC to see the Broadway show Catch Me If You Can. Before the show started, my sister was looking through the playbill while I strategized how I would convince Aaron Tveit to marry me. My sister snapped me back to reality when she pointed out one of playbill's advertisement. In a glitzy Broadway format, the ad showcased the different designers that can be found at Blommingdale's . The simple black and white layout was surprisingly eye-catching. I loved how the designers were presented like their names were celebrities(ok they're pretty much better than celebrities). From the bold title "Now Starring" to the cute touch of a five star "review" at the bottom, I was hooked. It also helped that I hope to register at Blommingdale's for my wedding someday so I took this as a serious sign. Despite my trouble breathing when Mr. Tveit graced the stage, I made a note to myself to blog about this adorable advertisement. Here it is...!
 
"The stage is not merely the meeting place of all the arts, but is also the return of art to life."
-Oscar Wilde 

No comments:

Post a Comment