Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Alexander McQueen, The Mastermind of Fashion

"I want to empower women. I want people to be afraid of the women I dress."
-Alexander McQueen

This past weekend, I finally got the chance to check out the Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Met. I was so excited to see McQueen's designs in person. However, nothing could have prepared me for the emotional experience. McQueen was obviously a fashion genius but also a deeply disturbed man. His tragic death last year gave the exhibition a haunting effect. The layout really showcased McQueen's dark mind. He viewed the art of fashion in a very interesting way. Everything about the exhibit left an impact on me. The details of McQueen's designs, his thought provoking quotes, and of course the jaw dropping clips from his runway shows. Alexander McQueen was an artistic legend. The exhibit does a beautiful job of keeping McQueen's legacy alive. I wasn't allowed to take pictures inside the exhibit but I thought I'd still show a little glimpse of McQueen's powerful mind.


"It is important to look at death because it is a part of life. It is a sad thing, melancholy but romantic at the same time."
-Alexander McQueen 

No comments:

Post a Comment