Friday, August 23, 2013

Fashion Friday: Statement Jewelry

If there's one thing I can't leave my house without, it's my jewelry. As dramatic as it sounds, I have about six special pieces I feel completely naked without (they're subtle!). However, as important as those pieces are, they're not the accessories that will decorate an outfit perfectly. I'm obsessed with having jewels that match and dress up my clothes. Statement jewelry, particularly statement necklaces, are the most fun way to do this...

The Bold Statement Necklace 
It's flashy but it works. Because of its boldness, I usually accessorize this necklace with simple white or pink shirts. Since the necklace's bigness sometimes gets mistaken for being part of this shirt's design, I can usually get away with subtle silver earrings, without it looking over the top.

The Color Statement Necklace 
My favorite color is any shade that is or similar to Tiffany blue. So obviously, this necklace fits those requirements. For me, it's not hard to get good use out of this necklace since I have a lot of blue outfits and accessories to match. If blue isn't your favorite, definitely get a statement piece in a color you do like and will wear a lot. It's a serious well used investment!

The Neutral Statement Necklace 
If you're not looking to draw too much attention to your necklace, the neutral shades are probably your best choice. Easy to match, and still makes a statement that can be used during day or night. 

The Fancy Statement Necklace
While it definitely can be used casually, I've only worn this necklace at night. It's great for that LBD or other black/silver ensembles. Nevertheless, totally not a waste! It's better to purchase some flashy costume jewels like this rather than an expensive silver statement necklace you'll use just as much.

The Ombre Statement Necklace
Starting on a bright pink note, ending on a bright pink note. This is basically a definition of the extreme statement necklace. The brightness, various pink shades, its ability to reflect off of any light and shine...definitely eye catching. Despite its well, everything, the necklace matches with various outfits. Obviously, over-accesorizing when wearing this piece is not advised. But otherwise, step out of your comfort zone and take a chance with it! 

Note : All of these necklaces (and their matching earrings and bracelets) were purchased at New York and Company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment